Easter Revision Courses 2018

We organise Easter Revision Courses to assist students who would benefit from extra tuition over the holidays.  We have been running these courses for over 15 years, with overwhelmingly favourable feedback from participants.   The courses are available both to RGS students and to students from other schools.  The following subjects will be available:

A Level Subjects

Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics

GCSE Subjects (for Year 11 Students)

Mathematics, Additional Mathematics, English Language, English Literature, French, Spanish, History, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Geography, Economics, Business Studies, German, Latin

The courses will take place at RGS in two sessions:

Session 1: 3 – 6 April

Session 2: 10 – 13 April

The study time will be 22 hours over each four day session.  The classes will be very intensive and examination-orientated, combining lectures, workshop sessions and examination practice.  The fee for four days is £540, and for all eight days £1080.

The maximum group size will be nine, although groups may well be considerably smaller.  For A Level subjects, students select one subject for the whole four days, so students can study two subjects over the two weeks.  In the case of GCSE subjects, students choose one subject per day.  Typically, students register for a four-day course or for both weeks, up to a maximum total of 8 subjects.  It is possible to register for fewer than four days in a week, but for timetabling reasons it might not be possible to specify particular days out of the four.  Sciences are studied as individual subjects, so all three sciences will require three days.  Students are grouped with others doing either individual science GCSEs or those doing the equivalent of the Dual Award.  Each day’s classes begin at 9am and end at 4.30pm.

We have found that students benefit enormously from a concentrated period of revision, free from distractions and in the company of similar students.  The opportunity to focus on particular areas of difficulty in small groups is especially useful.

If you would like to register for the course please fill in and return the Easter Revision Registration Form or, if you would like further information, please contact me via email.

Kind regards,

P. Bastow
RGS Easter Revision Course Director
pxb@rgshw.com

Close